Splash

Next birthday is coming up. N wants to go swimming with her friends. For me finally a chance to work out a mermaid theme. Not that I'm so fond of mermaids, but N is. She's been drawing mermaids all of her life. If I had known I would have kept all those mermaid drawings from the start. Would have been a extraordinary collection. You'll see some of those drawings later in the party process. For the invitation we have turned N into a mermaid. We took a picture in the bathtub to have the right hair and collaged a mermaid scene around it. The body, squid and orange coral with paper from storybooks, the background in photoshop. When you're insecure about your drawing skills, try collaging. You'll be surprised about the results.

4 comments:

Vera Luna said...

Wat een goed idee! Echt leuk geworden. Dit ga ik onthouden.

Anonymous said...

Ik wou dat ik zo' n moeder had ... ik ben gek op zeemeerminnen!

Marisa said...

The invitation is lovely! I'm planning my daughter's mermaid party at the moment. She made the invitations herself, because she also loves drawing mermaids :)

Trudy said...

Echt leuk!!